Embark on your early morning adventure as you check in with Rainbow Ryders’ inside the lobby of Hotel Elegante. From there, you’ll be escorted to the launch field where the inflation process of your balloon begins, giving you the opportunity to witness the gentle giants come to life.
Once your balloon is inflated and ready to go, you will be lifted off the ground to fly among the many balloons participating in the event. Your flight will last approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Make sure to bring your camera, as you will embark upon a unique journey with breathtaking views!
After landing, enjoy a celebratory toast and flight certificate to commemorate your aeronautical adventure. You will also be driven back to the festival grounds in a Rainbow Ryders’ chase vehicle.
Check in is at 6am daily at the Rainbow Ryders’ tent, located south of the main stage on concession row.
Rates are $275 per person. Included in that price is a $10 non-refundable booking fee. Payment is due in full at the time of purchase.
Cancellations are due by August 29th.
We look forward to seeing everyone Labor Day Weekend, and want everyone at the event to have a safe and memorable experience. Below are some safety tips and important information for all attending this years Labor Day Lift Off.
* Rainbow Ryders Hot Air Balloon Ride Company, safety is the number one priority! We have been in business over 36 years and have maintained an impeccable safety record throughout that time, which has allowed us the privilege of being the official balloon ride operator for many major hot air balloon festivals. * Rainbow Ryders is a member of the Professional Ride Operators (PRO) a division of the Balloon Federation of America (BFA) . PRO is an organization whose sole goal is to ensure safety, reliability, and accountability throughout the balloon ride industry.
* Hot Air Balloons are an aircraft, certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), annually inspected, and operations are regulated. Balloon pilots hold an FAA Lighter-than-Air certificate limited to airborne heater. The pilots must have a current certificate, completed biannual flight reviews, and annual safety courses.
* Balloons will launch at sunrise on September 5, September 6 and September 7 2020. Before launching, pilots will participate in a weather briefing where the FAA weather services and other weather instruments to determine conditions to provide data to make the fly or no fly decision. Hot air ballooning is a weather sensitive sport. We ask for your understanding if a flight must be cancelled due to weather.
* Prevailing weather and winds may postpone or delay ballooning. It’s the Event balloonmeister ‘s decision to determine if the larger parameters meet FAA requirements for safe balloon flight operations, but it’s each Pilot’s responsibility to determine whether it is safe to fly their own unique aircraft, equipment, given passengers and crew. The pilot’s decision is final.
* Beware of vehicles moving around the field, especially emergency vehicles needing to get through the crowd.
* Do not leave your children unattended. Hold their hand when looking up at balloons in the sky. They can disappear quickly.
* Do not smoke on the Launch Field – it is a safety issue due to the propane
* Do not step on or over any ropes attached to the balloons – again safety issue
* Please do not touch any balloon equipment without asking the pilot or crew.
* Stay away from and clear of operating inflator fans near the balloons